At the time I’m writing this, I’ve been 26 for about a month, and the idea that I’m closer to 30 than 20 is kind of intimidating and awesome at the same time. I’ve had a lot of life experiences, but I still wonder where the time went and what the heck I’m doing! So here’s a list of 101 things, to be completed before I hit the big 3-0.
Want to help me accomplish something on my list? Contact me!!!
Start: April 21, 2011
End: March 24, 2015
Start a savings account.(Completed – 4/21/2011) Use 100 coupons.(Completed - March 2012) Take my family to dinner.(Completed - 12/24/2012) Volunteer for an animal shelter.(All the time! My new job made this easy.) Max out my Roth IRA contribution for a year.(Completed - 2012)
- Go a month without using my credit card, only debit/checking.
Send out Christmas cards.(Completed - December 2012)
- Go one week without ordering takeout/eating at a restaurant.
Babysit for free.(Completed - 6/19/2011)
- Have an actual birthday party.
Send five care packages to deployed friends.(Completed - 4/9/2012) Bake something for a neighbor.(Completed – 4/25/2011)
- Leave a 100% tip to an awesome server.
- Call Customer Service for a company that I like just to thank them.
Fly First Class.(Completed - 12/18/2011)
- Make my bed every day for a week.
- Wear my retainer at night every day for a week.
- Take a make-up lesson.
- Learn to curl my own hair.
- Donate my hair. Yes, again!
Do something different to my hair.(Completed - 3/16/2011) Get a facial.(Completed – 4/25/2011) Get a pedicure.(Completed - 12/7/2011) Attend a roller derby match.(Completed - 7/7/2012)
- Attend an NFL game, preferably the Colts!
- Ride on a motorcycle (as a passenger!)
- Gamble at a casino table.
Milk a cow.(Completed - 9/7/2011) Run on horseback.(Completed - 7/2011)
- Go skinny dipping.
Take a surfing lesson.(Completed - 12/6/2011, paddle surfing in Hawaii)
- Fly a kite.
Have a picnic.(Completed - 7/15/2012) Surprise someone.(Completed - 5/6/2011)
- Go roller skating.
- Ride a Segway.
- Spend the night outside.
Go commando.(Completed - 5/26/2011)
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Sing karaoke in public.
Drink absinthe.(Completed - 5/17/2012)
- Feed a zoo animal.
- Give a speech.
- Learn to change a tire.
- Learn to change the oil on my car.
- Learn to jumpstart a car.
- Learn CPR/First Aid.
Take a cooking class.(Completed - 11/5/2011)
- Take a cake decorating class.
- Learn to roll/cover a cake in fondant.
- Cook 10 recipes from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. (0/10)
- Cook 10 recipes from The Joy of Cooking. (0/10)
Make French macarons.(Completed - 2/2013) Bake a loaf of bread from scratch.(Completed - 2/23/2013)
- Make a pie from scratch.
Learn to make Grandma’s noodle recipe.(Completed - 11/2012) Make pasta from scratch.(Completed - 2/4/2013)
- Pick my own fruit at a farm.
Sew five dresses for myself.(Completed - 2/6/2012) Design and sew a dress without a pattern.(at Fabrika! 6/20/2011)
- Sew a pair of pants.
- Learn to applique.
- Learn to tie a bowtie & necktie.
- Get a Master’s Degree. (Starting August 2013)
- Take a course in Korean.
Learn to use a DSLR camera.(Completed in 2011) Scan and save my favorite family photos from Mom & Dad's house.(Completed - 5/7/2011) Create a photo album of old family photos.(Completed - 5/26/2011)
- Learn to play a song on guitar.
- Read all of Jane Austen’s novels. (2/6)
- Read all of Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States.
Write an article and have it published in a newspaper.(Completed - 3/7/2012)
- Look through an observatory telescope.
- Reach goal weight and maintain it.
- Eat an entire full-sized salad.
- Do 100 sit-ups every day for two weeks.
Take my vitamins every day for a month.(Completed - 9/2/2011) Eat an apple a day for a week.(Completed - 12/2012... Honeycrisps of course!)
- Run 10 x 5K races. (7/10) (Best time: 25:20, 10/22/2011)
- Run 5 x 10K races. (1/5) (Best time: 1:03:47, 12/03/2011)
Run a mini-marathon.(Disney Princess Half Marathon, 2:36:57, 2/26/2012)
- Run a marathon.
- Go skiing.
- Spend a week as a vegetarian. (0/7)
- Drink only water for a month.
- Go two weeks without pizza or pasta. (0/14)
Attend a Zumba class.(Completed - 12/20/2011) Attend a belly-dancing class.(Completed - 1/21/2012)
- Go one week without watching any television or movies. (0/7)
Eat at ten restaurants I've never tried before.(Completed - 9/7/2011)
- Attend a midnight Rocky Horror showing in costume.
- Make a friend in another country.
Visit Austin, TX and eat at The Salt Lick BBQ.(Completed - 11/13/2011)
- Go wine tasting in Napa Valley.
Go back to Europe.(Completed - 3/19/2012) Visit San Diego Zoo.(Completed - 5/26/2012)
- Walk across a famous bridge, like Golden Gate, Brooklyn, etc.
Eat at Primanti Bros. in Pittsburgh.(Completed - 10/2012) Eat fried green tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café in Juliette, GA.(Completed - 5/22/2012)
- See Niagara Falls.
Help someone complete a task on their bucket list.(6/12/2011, horseback riding with MTM)