Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Saving Face... literally.

I may be 28, but many days my face screams otherwise.  And I'm not talking wrinkles.  I'm talking acne, redness, dryness, and an overall failure to learn to properly apply makeup.  Or mostly, I-don't-have-time-because-I-hit-snooze.  So I thought I'd give a shoutout to a few lifesavers I've been using the past few months that I really like!

Rodan + Fields Unblemish.
If you want a fresh start to your skincare routine, talk to my friend Jenny.  She can hook you up with the perfect system for your unique issues, working with the same company that created ProActiv.

source

I chose to use Unblemish, and while it left me a little red/dry at first (the acne treatment specifically), the face wash is one of the highlights of my day!  It is bright purple, but feels so luxurious.  It's truly a daily facial.  I love massaging that stuff in.  Do I do every step  of the system religiously?  No.  I kind of just figure out what works best for my own case, but I have noticed healthier skin and less dryness as I made this a regular part of my regimen.

Jenny even helped me figure out how to make this system work while traveling!

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm.
I have tried other BB creams, but found this one via Sephora with great reviews.  Hands down, it's the best one I've used!  The coverage is great, and it has a good matte finish.  I used it as the base under my Bare Minerals makeup, like a primer.  It's so good that I can actually use it as a solo tinted moisturizer on weekends when I want to skip makeup.  The small bottle lasts a long time

source

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes.
I was super cheap and using generic baby wipes to wash my makeup off every day, and it was torturing my skin.  But wipes are my must-have for work travel, so I picked these up at a Target by pure chance.  I LOVE THEM.  They are the best face towelettes I have ever used!  I wish they sold them by the case; I need to stock up again soon.  I doubt I'll ever switch to another brand again.

source

Do you have a favorite produce that "rescues" your face?

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap is my go-to! You just need a tiny bit and it has TOTALLY cleared my face up. No more blemishes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...