Saturday, March 2, 2013

Glazing Pottery at Brushfire

I've done pottery glazing at a couple of social events before.  It's a fun, relaxing way to spend a couple of hours!  I recently went to Brushfire in Nashville, as part of a team-building event for work.

Brushfire in Nashville
I can't even tell you how long it took me to choose a piece to glaze!  I thought about doing something seasonal, but I bounced back and forth forever.  Guess I should have had a plan beforehand.

Glaze!

I decided to do a giant plate for Cally.  She's such a messy eater, I figured it would be something good to put under her bowl, instead of the normal towels I used.  It would definitely be more easily washable!

Before
Isn't it interesting how the glaze changes after you fire it?  I tried to make it look like her.

After
Maybe I'll head back to make something for myself next time!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I had no plan for it at all when I walked in.

      Cally is a messy eater, so I use it under her food bowl like a charger. I used rags before, but this is washable!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...