Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ted... that movie with the raunchy bear.

I've been a movie-watching fool, I know... but that's summer!

Duke and I went to see Seth MacFarlane's new comedy, Ted... (you know Seth from such gems as Family Guy) also starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis.

It's offensive.  It's ridiculous.  And it's kind of funny.

I mean, it starts off as this sweet little story... a lonely boy wishes his bear could be his best friend, and the wish makes the bear come to life.  But what happens after the adorable boy and bear grow up?  It's kind of this sweet romp about growing up and what it means.

But it's also vulgar.  NOT for those people who are easily offended.

I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater where so many people were cracking up hysterically.  It was the perfect movie to see on a Friday after a full day at work, the perfect movie where you don't have to really think.  (Thanks to my pal VB for suggesting it!)

I didn't want to spoil the cameos, but there are a few, and they are memorable and fun.  If you're in the mood for a laugh, and you like things like Family Guy, you should check it out.  Expect to scratch your head at times, as randomness abounds... but it's nice to see something brainless every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...