Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gleek Peek: Saturday Night Glee-ver

source
I know this is late in coming, but I've been traveling all week and my blogging has suffered.

That said, I did catch the latest episode of Glee on my DVR.  Look, I'm not really a fan of disco.  It's cheesy, and Glee is already cheesy enough.

The whole Saturday Night Fever challenge was very contrived, and unrealistic... but I did like Mercedes' awesome performance.  It's been a while since she's been featured!

But Finn is utterly pathetic and uninteresting to me, and I could really care less about him and his future.  Oh, and where was Quinn?

You know what I DID like?  Vocal Adrenaline, featuring 'Unique', the alter-ego diva who I remember from The Glee Project.  That was FIERCE.  I don't care what the conservative pundits are saying, having a trans character on such a mainstream show is not going to turn everyone gay/lesbian/trans.  I think it speaks volumes to the diversity and relevance of this fictional show.  Kudos, Ryan Murphy!

I didn't really understand or particularly enjoy this episode, aside from Mercedes' song and Unique.  I won't be downloading any of the songs, and I don't feel compelled to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...