Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swiffer... reusable cleaning pads!

Cute rainbow pattern, right?
Okay, I'm admittedly not the most 'green' person.  I use paper towels pretty often, and I don't recycle as much as I should.  But I'm ALL for saving money, and recently I found a product that I want to share!

I don't like mops/buckets.  So when it's time to clean my linoleum/laminate flooring, I use the Swiffer Wet Jet!  Recently, however, I've become annoyed with the cleaning pads... they don't absorb as much, and they seem to just push dirt around.  I need at least two every time I mop.  A box of 24 cleaning pads costs about $12, so think of it as paying $1 every time you mop your floors.  That's what happens when you become dependent on a disposable item; you're stuck buying more!

That is, until a friend on Facebook mentioned that people who make reusable pads for the Wet Jet.  Genius!  I found some on Etsy by Detroit Knitter, and scored a package of three cute reusable pads for $16.  She sews these pads with Velcro on one side and towel material on the other, and they stick to the Wet Jet really well!

I used mine for the first time today, and while it took a little extra oomph to push it around (since the towel surface isn't as thin as paper), the pads really worked and collected up lots of gross stuff.  And the best part is, I can drop them into the washing machine and reuse the pads over and over.  Having these mean I'll never sacrifice cleanliness to save an extra cleaning pad again, and for $16 I effectively eliminated something off my cleaning supply shopping list for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...