Sunday, February 6, 2011

Savannah Restaurant Week

Today was the end of Savannah Restaurant Week, a great time to check out some of the best restaurants the city has to offer! The deal is you get a three-course meal for $30, which is a steal compared to the normal pricing.

Last night I went with LC and PD to check out 17Hundred90, a restaurant/inn that I had never been to before. I'd heard good things about it, so we decided to give it a try.

Boy, did I overeat! I started with their crabcakes, which had so much flavor packed into them, not to mention a great lemon dill aioli to top it off. Then I had the hanging tenderloin, which had a bourbon demi glace that really made the steak taste delicious. For sides I had mashed sweet potatoes and an amazing sun-dried tomato risotto. Lastly, I finished off with the chocolate bombe. And for $30, it was a steal.

That being said, I had a stomachache the whole night from overeating, and from it all being so rich! I think it was great, but I'm not sure if I'll head back there again. There are so many great places to eat in Savannah, I realized I need to try some more variety! I really want to check out Vic's on the River, Local 11 Ten, 700 Drayton, and Broughton & Bull (which replaced Il Pasticcio). They are all pricy, so I'd better plan these for special occasions!

17 Hundred 90 on Urbanspoon

Not concerning food...
Today was nice Sunday for me. I spent the afternoon/evening babysitting for friends. RH and AH have the most adorable two-year-old girl who is contagiously happy and good. I'm not the most experienced babysitter, and I don't always like kids. That being said, I would babysit this girl for free anytime, because she's hilarious and makes me feel like I could possibly handle a rugrat of my own someday. I even gave her a bath, which is not something I consider a usual part of my babysitting repertoire. Give me a decade, I'll have this figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...