Friday, February 11, 2011

Raiding the fridge...

I'm not very good at shopping for one person. I tend to buy too much, allow it to expire, and end up throwing it away.

That being said, I'm getting better about using up my leftovers! I repurposed extra mushrooms from the mushroom risotto into a mushroom/sage butter sauce tossed with linguine. (The original recipe, from Every Day with Rachael Ray this month, called for gnocchi instead of linguine, but I was using what I have!)

This morning, I was famished. Like my-stomach-is-screaming-at-me hungry. I'm totally guilty of eating leftovers from the previous night's dinner for breakfast... reheating pizzas, pastas, anything, even if it isn't 'breakfast food'. Today I wanted something breakfasty, but felt guilty about all the uneaten leftovers in my fridge... and then I noticed a medley of leftover meat. And when life gives you a meat medley, you make a meat-lover's omelette! (Which, by the way, is the meal my friend LC and I always choose at Sunshine Breakfast.)

I had leftover turkey pepperoni and mozzarella cheese from when I made a hearty Chicken Parmesan from EatLiveRun, leftover Italian sausage from a rigatoni meal I made, plus some deli ham and cheddar cheese I've been trying to use up. I tossed these into my mini food chopper, scrambled them in a bowl with some eggs, and fried up a filling, tasty omelette.
It was just what I needed to give me strength to get through one more work day before the weeekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...