Monday, February 7, 2011

Gleek Peek: GLEE IS BACK!

Confession: I did not watch a single minute of the Super Bowl. I did, however, catch the latest episode of Glee! I had no idea how bad my Glee withdrawal was until this new episode. I really feel like actual storylines/rivalries/good songs are making a comeback.

For the first time in a while, I was actually into the storyline more than the songs! Honestly, the "Thriller/Heads Will Roll" mashup was great, and the a cappella "Bills, Bills, Bills" was excellent. I just sometimes question the choices of songs because it seems they could have picked others that were more fitting, IMHO. My hopes are some people kept the TV on after the Super Bowl to watch the episode, and that perhaps there are even MORE Gleeks out there now to keep the momentum going for the show. The Emmys proved the show is quality, they just need to continue to make it as good as it was early in the first season.

That being said, they really need to stop overproducing these songs. Cute some of the instruments and get back to basics, you know? The best songs in the first season were the ones that you could hear the voices in, not the background music identical to the radio edit. I want to hear a difference between originals and Glee versions, you know?

Alright, enough with the criticism. I'm SOOOOO happy Glee is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...